Saturday, March 1, 2008

A new adventure

I decided that it was time to try blogging. An interesting way to communicate with family and friends. I'm a little nervous about what to write about. Right now life revolves around Rebekah Grace ( my 17 month old daughter), who is at the moment dancing to a commercial theme song. She's the best blessing of my life next to my husband, Jim.




I am loving being Mommy to this little one, you can see why. We have our hands full with her. Fortunately, Jim is now a stay at home Dad for a bit so we are able to raise her now. She's a bundle of energy we sometimes call "Hurricane Rebekah".




I am involved in 2 current KALs (Knit-a-long). One is Secret of the Stole II and I am finished through clue 6 and getting ready to work on clue 7. I have really learned a lot from this KAL and the yahoo discussion group. It has been a great way to pick up knitting tips. I absolutely love it and recommend joining a KAL to any knitter. I'm using Fino Alpaca with a Twist in the color Ruby Slippers. It's so lovely.


The other KAL I'm in is the Spring Shawl Surprice. This one is more of a challenge and I haven't gotten as far as I'd like. I can't knit on it while watching Rebekah because she demands so much attention. I've finished Clue 2 but lost the pictures. So I'm posting the only picture I have so you can get an idea. I'm using Jagger Spun Maine Line 2/8 in the color Iris. It's turning out really nice.



I registered for 2 others. I had so much fun that I had to keep at it! I'm currently choosing yarn for Secret of Bad Nauheim and Mystic Light. I ordered some Fleece Artist yarn today and will see when it gets here which I will use. I found some really yummy yarn at my LYS (Heritage Spinning and Weaving in Orion, MI), but it's too thick for Mystic. I will have to keep it for another project now. It's some of their own handpainted yarn so I may go back and check it out and see if they have more in the right weight. I really like their handpaints! Joan has some beautiful colors and wonderful selection of yarns.
Well, it's time for knitting now that Rebekah's gone to bed.
Happy Knitting Everyone!


No comments: