Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A little Tinking, Lurping, Swatching, and Rebekah

I decided to swatch for Mystic Light yesterday and ended up doing 3. I like the way it feels and looks on 4.5 needles (left hand swatch) but it is way to small even stretched to block (7cm x 10cm) so I was afraid that my shawl would end up too small. Then I swatched on 5 needles (Center). It works to 9 x 11. So to be fair I also swatched on 5.5 needles (right) too big. I put up a close up of the middle one on 5 needles so I can decide. I think this is how I will need to knit this in order to be close to the right size for my shawl.








Today, I decided to do a little work on my SOTS2 clue 8. I was going along just fine until I made a couple of errors and had to find them. I had done the wrong row of the pattern of the middle motif 2 rows before that so I ended up tinking and lurping back to the right spot to fix it. I really have learned a lot from this KAL and others because I can "read" my knitting now and find an error. It was a pretty exciting revelation to me! Anyhow, as I was moaning and groaning about my mistake, Rebekah felt the need to comfort Mommy and climbed up beside me and kept patting my leg and giving me kisses. So I asked Jim to take a picture of Mommy's Little Comfort. She is such a blessing! Even if she does go for the cookies....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I found your blog thru the MysticLight KAL group on Yahoo. I just thought I would comment since we are working on the same project, both Christians and just so happens my name is Rebecca. Your daughter is beautiful! I look forward to seeing your shawls progress. Have a great day.

Arianwen said...

Beautiful colour, sot11. Children are always a comfort. your daughter is a total cutie!