Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Some days are better than Others



I've been making some progress on goals that I have challenged myself to this year 2010...I weighed myself on Sunday...and I will officially tell you that I weigh 200 pounds plus some! I wrote it down in the calendar that I am keeping track of everything in. I have also managed to blog once a week now...it's only 2 weeks.but it's coming along. I am working my way through a very long audiobook and even though I've been listening to it everyday and everytime I visit Jim...I still have 17 CD's of the book to finish. I started working on Jim's socks...prayer socks now, and I have only 2 balls left to be finished with Jim's Wedding Afghan. Somehow I find myself with less time now than before!

I have managed to re-memorize scripture. Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. THis is an old favorite and perhaps for the first full week of 2010...you could consider it as cheating, but it is so appropriate for what our family has been going through to memorize this verse...hiding God's word in my heart...It gives me something to think on during the difficult times when fears and doubts arise and I want to rail against God. I remember the verses I have learned now and as a child and they comfort me. i honestly do not know how people could make it through difficult times in their lives without the Lord.

So as the title indicates, Jim had a pretty rough day on Sunday but Monday was great! He was confused and restless all day on Sunday and wanted to go home. On Monday, he was calmer and off the ventilator. Praise be to God!! It's been a very rough Roller coaster ride this past week with the decisions that needed to be made for Jim's care in the hospital and for taking care of Rebekah. It is really hard to leave your daughter with someone else for the night while you go to work. But my church family has been awesome!! And Rebekah is having a grand adventure in all of this. I think she likes going to "Old McDonalds" every day and the dollar store! The sad thing is that Jim is missing out on a lot of firsts for her.



We had a wonderful snowfall over the past 2 days...I didn't teach her this, but she immediately flipped on her back and started making snow angels...must have been something she picked up from TV. We had so much fun outdoors...then Becka asked if the snow would still be here for Daddy to play in. So incredibly hard to answer that one! Like I said...some days, or even moments, are better than others!

We experienced a dreadful financial setback today as well...totally unexpected and immediately, my mind went back to that verse! It is very hard to leave those burdens in God's hands...but I have too much other stuff to deal with and need God's help to deal with everything He is putting on my plate right now. God had to know in advance what a shock it was going to be to me today, so He provided a care package from a dear friend I have yet to meet in person but is most dear to me. God prepared for her to send the package and mail it so that it would arrive on the very day I needed it most. If that isn't God...I'll eat the box it came in!! Rebekah and I had such fun going through our care package from DeDe today. Isn't it lovely! Rebekah wants me to knit her some more socks today!







look at all the fun things I got today! And I have it from good authority that the books is a great read...another to add to my list. Will start reading this one tonight!! thank you so much DeDe for being a vessel that God used to help me today!



So I have a choice now...i can choose to give in to the melencholy that accompanies the facts that my husband is still in hospital with a tracheostomy and I have to leave my daughter with other people while I go to work and I now have no padding financially to fall back on...or I can Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication WITH THANKSGIVING let my requests be made known unto God, and His peace which passes all understanding will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus...

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Joy, I have so sorry to hear about your struggles. I can emphasize! My 7 yo son was diagnosed with leukemia this summer and we have been dealing with all that is involved with his treatment. (Bills, traveling, caring for our other 3 children...) Our God is so faithful!! I'll be praying for you and for your husband! May God pour out His richest blessings on your family in 2010. Hugs, Suzanne (I found your blog via the SOTS2 KAL way back and have been following you since. I was the one who was going back to school for nursing. You were kind to offer advice back then. Needless to say, my schooling is on hold for the present.) :-)