Wednesday, September 17, 2008

UFO Wednesdays

I had an "I got it" moment today. I have had several projects languishing as UFOs and have been trying to decide what to do with them. So I had this idea (or brain fart, call it what you will) and decided that Wednesdays will be Work on UFO Day for a while. Having decided this, I picked out my Peacock Feathers Shawl from Fiddlesticks and began to work on it. I had to do some reading of the directions because this particular pattern is mirrored. You have to work the chart right to left to the center then work it back left to right from the center to the end of the row. Then you also have to reverse the stitches on the second half. It's not really as complicated as it sounds, I just had to get my bearings about me before I started it again. I hope that this idea will help me to get some of those UFOs completed that have been sitting around for quite a while. I started with my shawl like this:
And ended the day with it looking like this!


I've been working on Chart 2 of this pattern today while watching Rebekah. I was able to finish the whole chart but found that I was making a few mistakes and really had to tink a lot more than I should have. It's probably the cold. Jim has been hit by the cold bug that Rebekah had earlier this week. I am coming down with it as well but colds don't affect me like they do Jim. But this has been a great day for Rebekah and me. She is learning new words every day and I am having a blast watching her grow! Thank you Lord for the gift. Right now she is dancing to a commercial because she loves music. How blessed I am!!

1 comment:

psalm127 said...

Hi, I am from over at SOTS III and I thought I would come visit your blog. It looks like I will have quite a bit of reading to do. In regards to what contianers I use I picked them up from a lady who sells Close To My Heart. They have a set of six small containers with screw on lids for $2.50. I thought that was a great deal. My beads fit into two of the containers.