Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A New Start

Today was Jim's first day of College!! I am so proud of him. Going to college is not easy and even harder when you are in your 40's!! It is a hard undertaking that he is doing and I think it is a wonderful thing and a new start to our lives together!

I also got a new start on another project. I finished my Mystic light but it isn't washed and blocked out so no pictures yet. I did finish the swatch for Slow Bee. However I cannot decide which beads to use. Do I want really subtle, hardly seen or shiny and visible but really pretty. I have a less than a week to decide. I shall ask my husband, the college student!!!


With peacock beads









With silver-lined beads








They don't really show on the monitor well. However it proves that I am getting my knitting done!

1 comment:

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Hello Joy! I came over to visit from the Slow-Bee Mystery when I saw that you are from MI, too! Then I had a grand time reading your blog ;)

I, too, am a Christian wife, mother, grandmother, knitter, spinner, shepherdess, etc.!!! Come take a visit at my blog at www.serenity-farms.blogspot.com or website is
www.serenity-farms.com

Who knows, maybe we will get to meet up for a knitting day some time ;) Do you go to Allegan Fiber Festival?

Have a great day! Cary at Serenity Farms