Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Second Mother's Day


This past Saturday marked my first Mother/Daughter luncheon. I got to be a Mother, a Daughter, and a Daughter-in-law. It was a nice day and a very special occasion. Rebekah even enjoyed it. She preferred Grandma to me after lunch though and she preferred the cheesecake more than the salad!!
Sunday marked my Second Mother's Day. But again, Rebekah preferrs Grandpa to me after church.














We had a quiet day at home while Jim worked on his homework, I did some knitting. It was wonderful. Even Rebekah cooperated with a 3 hour nap!! I started working on my Peacock Feathers shawl and got the first chart completed.





By Monday, I was ready to cast on and start my Slow Bee Mystery 1. I was under the impression that the clues were going to be smaller, but it seems there is quite a bit of knitting in this one. It also takes time to stop and place the beads. But I really love the effect and am thrilled with how gorgeous both of these shawls are looking!! My husband is right though...I am doing an awful lot of knitting and less paying attention to him;) Have to do something about that!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Your first clue came out just beautiful! I'm envious, I'm so far behind. What's the secret to knitting with little ones? Especially this... it's a THINKING piece! You do beautiful work!