Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

OK...so officially, it was yesterday, but it seems like Spring has been trying to get here for a couple of weeks...you know it's Spring in Michigan when the orange barrels begin to pop up everywhere...and when it's 50 degrees outside and guys are wearing shorts...not just short sleeved shirts...but shorts and sandels...we long for spring to take over through the whole long dreary winter and when it finally gets here...it quickly melts into summer.  I am one who enjoys Spring.  A season of new life, growth, and rebirth...A season to break out the barbecue grill and dust off the hamburger turner, a season to go looking for last years tulip bulbs to pop up...and to search for the tiny crocuses as they peep through the grass...

All of these things bring to mind colors...and my good friend, De De sent my daughter some yarn while Jim was in the hospital.  (She sent me some too....but I'm working with Bekah's right now...) The yarn is Superba Mexico.  It has a number 003 as a colorway...but I think it looks like Spring flowers...like in an English Garden....and so I am knitting Bekah another pair of monkey socks...called Spring Flowers.  She's already in love with them...and I have to admit that I am too!!



I did manage to finish my test knit for DeDe...another knitted item for Bekah that she is in love with...Sweatheart Lovey...




And since we are having such fabulous weather in Michigan...we took the opportunity to get some pictures outside!!  So all you people who fled South for the winter...you can come home now...weather is fine!

No comments: