Sunday, February 14, 2010

Olympics 2010

I'm all about watching the winter Olympics. I prefer them to the summer. Maybe because I grew up on a lake in Michigan where my Dad used to create a great sled run from the back of the house up against this huge oak tree, down between our house and the neighbor's, and across the front lawn out onto the ice in the winter. It was fantastic! We used to have kids from all over the neighborhood coming to our house to slide...I remember the hours my brother and I spent skating on the lake, and ice fishing. I prefer the winter activities to the summer...I prefer the summer weather to winter though...don't get me completely wrong on this! I'll take sun over cold any day! I just really enjoy the winter Olympics!

That said...I have been looking forward to the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics and the Ravelympics that go on during the same time. It's a chance for me to look at stuff I'd like to finish or frog or try to complete during the 17 days of the Olympics. I'm trying to finish Rebekah's socks, make a second pair of socks for her,and I'm working on a really cool test knit...all for Rebekah! I would love to finish my SIL's sock from Christmas but in all honesty... I have the SSS (second sock syndrome) with that particular pair of socks!!

I've been reading, and finished The Graveyard Book and started one by James Patterson The Eighth Confession I think.

I'm ashamed to say that I haven't kept up with daily scripture reading like I have with other things. And I failed to memorize another verse this week. Those 2 things are now my priorities. I didn't lose anymore weight this week...but I didn't gain anything either.

My husband is improving everyday and although it is still hard for him each day, he is persevering through God's graciousness. It just takes time and I was never aware of how long recovery takes until now.

Now back to the Olympics!!

No comments: