Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Learning something new!

 
My Best Friend, De-De, came for a visit in August. We crammed a lot of activities into 10 days!  We cruised in the Dream Cruise in a '63 Cadillac Convertible. We cleaned out my spare bedroom that is a computer room and yarn stash room...wish I had before and after pictures...but I didn't do that. Suffice it to say, it was about a 4 day job to clean that room up and organize yarn and books, and then clean the dining room up and organize the yarn in there and De-De carried it upstairs to help me organize all my yarn into one room. It was such a labor of love and it is truly appreciated!

We stayed up late and knit and watched movies and talked and looked at pictures and just had a fabulous time together!  We visited the Michigan Fiber Festival on Saturday and I learned how to weave a basket...This was one of the new things I learned. I've never done any basket weaving before and this class was a great way to learn it! Just before I left, I shot off an email to a friend of ours, Sally, who lives right near the fairgrounds. She stopped by to visit and invited us to dinner after the Festival closed for the day. What a special treat!!  Sally and her daughter were such gracious hostesses!  They treated us to a meal that would rival any 5 star restaurant!!  Delicious and beautifully served. It was sweet fellowship! It was the cream on top of a great day!


By far the best thing about De-De's visit was learning to spin!!  De-De taught me proper drop spindling and stick spinning. And I was finally able to get the hang of pre-drafting and then drafting fiber while spinning.  Then De-De taught me how to spin on my very own Fricke Spinning wheel. This thing is perfect!!  It has a whorl with 5 different speeds, came with 4 bobbins, and a lazy kate to boot!  I absolutely love it!!! And I realized that I don't have to be afraid of spinning anymore!
De-De takes these awesome pictures!!



You can truly tell this is beginner yarn but I love it!!! Rebekah and I both enjoyed having De-De's attention and even though she is visiting her daughter now, we miss her company!Told you...awesome pictures!


No comments: