Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Week of Firsts


This has been a week of firsts at our home. It's the first time I finished a project and bound off...then found a dropped stitch and had to rip back. Can't show pictures...because I didn't take any!! I was too upset with myself.

It is also the first time I've done Monkey socks and finished them...to give them away as a gift for a friend...I tend to do that...Baudelaires and now Monkeys...

These were wonderfully easy to knit. After one repeat of the pattern...it was easy to keep track of and fun to knit. It only took so long because of all the other things I am working on...

This week is also a first for Rebekah. She is growing up too quickly!! Our church is having VBS this week. It's a space
theme and Grandpa is the "Captain". She is really enjoying it and has fun watching Grandpa in the skits each day. She is still only 2 1/2 but she is learning to integrate and play with other children and follow instructions and leaders. I'm looking forward to having her be in AWANA this fall. It's one thing for us to teach her Christian principles, it's another to have them taught by someone else and for her to practice things like sharing and playing fair and obeying adults (including her parents!!)

The first day..she was dressed and waiting at the door for Grandma to pick her up...off she went to her first time at VBS. No crying or anything...She's such a big girl!! And she had fun at Bible School and learned about the Bible being the Ultimate Authority. They played games and made crafts...

No comments: