Thursday, January 1, 2009

Whew!! It's a brand new year...


Happy Holidays!!

I made some resolutions yesterday. I want to lose weight (doesn't everyone?) I need to spend more time in the scriptures (doesn't everyone), and I need to finish UFO's this year. I have a challenge going with another knitter to knit the most yardage this year.

I cannot believe that the Holidays are over. We were busier than it seemed. Jim finished up his first Semester of school with flying colors except for one class. We had a great Christmas and now are enjoying the New Year today. We watched the Spartans lose the Capital One Bowl game and the Red Wings win the Winter Classic Hockey game that was played at Wrigley Field.

I have been contemplating my knitting lately...I am casting on for Harbour Lights shawl by Sivia Harding. I'm using Dream in Color Baby in the colorway Beach Fog and beads from Alada Beads in Sterling Heights. I'm also working on Pearled Romance in Zephyr in colorway Cassis. I finished my Fall Shawl but don't have it blocked yet...I'm also considering some Monkey socks from some of the sock yarn I have. I have yarn for the February Lady Sweater that I want to do this year as well!! I know there is much more that I will find to do this year so I hope that I will stick with it and finish up some of the many UFO's that I got organized to finish when I was in the Finishupitis contest.


We had a great Christmas. Rebekah had a great time opening her gifts and everyone else's. She got a Baby Doll from Uncle Brian and Aunt Jennifer. After ripping off the paper from the end of the box, she couldn't wait to get into it!! She loves her Baby!

1 comment:

De-De said...

Grin - and I'm out of the gate running. Challenge is on! Funny thing is that I cast on one of Sivia's patterns in Dream in Color Baby for a New Year's project, too. Do you get bonus points for blogging first?