Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Deep Funk

Ever have one of those days?? I had one a couple of days ago when I was face to face with a character assessment of me that totally floored me. First of all, I had no idea. Second, there were some inconsistencies in what had been documented. Third, Someone that I know has gossipping about me. I hate that most of all. Of all the things in this world Gossip is something i avoid, I don't gossip and I don't like it and it really hurts when I find out that I am the recipient of Gossip and then the fall out.



Anyhow, Now I have been confronted with this assessment and I have had to do some very hard thinking and praying about myself. I don't like that either...But I really believe that God has used this situation to shake me up out of my complacency and contentment and force me to face my own nature and confess some things and take care of my relationship with God.



This whole event has come on the heels of having a discussion with Jim about the same things! It looks like God decided to really give me the old 1, 2 (or take me out to the woodshed). It is enough that I haven't been able to pick up my knitting for 3 days and that's really something! Anyone who knows me is aware that I always have knitting with me. I spent the shift last night doing nothing...no knitting...but a lot of praying.



I have a ways to go in dealing with my feelings and getting my relationship with Christ back in order. Until then...I will just press on.

1 comment:

Carol said...

It's great that you are open to the change. Things like this are never comfortable, nothing that takes hard work is (like having a baby!). I'm thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.